What is Clean Eating?
There are so many definitions for “Clean Eating” bouncing around today, but I am focusing on what the term means to me and my way of eating.
1) Getting back to basics and eating food that is as close to it’s natural state as possible. Totally eliminate (or as much as possible) processed foods from your diet. If a factory had to process it, add preservatives and other chemicals, you don’t want to eat it.
2) Eliminate all artificial and refined sugars from your diet. There are better alternatives.
3) Eat lean, organic proteins; not prepackaged meat products.
4) Eat organic fruits and vegetables.
5) Eat whole grains, brown rice, whole grain pasta.
6) Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.
7) Eat every 3 hours. Three well balanced meals a day and two healthy snacks will keep your blood sugar level in check and will avoid cravings.
8) READ LABELS…the fewer ingredients in a product the better: only natural ingredients that you can actually pronounce without extra additives.