Arugula, Watermelon and Feta Salad2013-04-22
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 10m
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by the Barefoot Contessa.
- For the vinaigrette: 2 T. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 T. honey
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- For the Salad: 6 cups spring mix (baby arugula, spinach, romaine)
- 1/8th seedless watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 c. feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c. whole fresh mint leaves, after measured - julienned
- 2 T. nuts, sliced almonds or pine nuts
- *Optional 1-2 T. garden green onions, thinnly sliced added to vinaigrette
Whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper (add onions if using). Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion. If not using within an hour, store the vinaigrette covered in the refrigerator.
Place the spring mix, watermelon, feta, mint and nuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings and serve immediately.