Broccoli Asian Slaw2013-10-17
- Servings : 10
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
This salad is so great, especially the next day.
- 1 pkg. broccoli slaw
- 1 pkg. Ramen Noodles Chicken Flavor (this is the only ingredient that is not very healthy)
- 2 T. sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c. almonds, slice or chopped
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil or safflower oil
- 3 T. rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 3 T. raw sugar
Break up the ramen noodles and toss on a cookie sheet with the sunflower seeds and almonds. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 4-5 minutes and then let cool.
Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and ramen noodle flavor packet until well blended.
Put all ingredients together in a large container and toss lightly. Store in a tightly sealed container in frig until ready to serve or quick chill in freezer for about 15 minutes. Serve
* This salad uses ramen noodles which are not in the clean eating category, but I think the benefits of the rest of the ingredients and the taste more than make up for the fried noodles and the chemicals in the chicken flavor packet.