Chicken and Cream Cheese Taquitos2014-01-08
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 + 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 + 1/2 cups chopped baby spinach, stems removed
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 9 - 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil, for frying
In a large bowl mix together the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, cheddar and spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Working with one tortilla at a time add 2 heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture off center and spread out like a log. Roll up and set seam side down on a platter. Repeat until all the tortillas are filled and rolled.
Add enough oil to a large skillet to generously cover the bottom. Heat on medium to medium-low heat, cook tortillas in batches, turning to brown each side. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Serve with your choice of dunking sauce.