Chinese Salad with Sesame Dressing2013-04-16
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 15m
- For Salad: 3 cups shredded organic Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded organic purple cabbage
- 2 organic scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 stalks organic celery, thinly sliced
- 1 large organic carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 3/4 cup crispy won ton noodles (you can make you own or splurge on the packaged ones)
- For the dressing: 3 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons Demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, tossing until well mixed.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and then pour over the salad, tossing to coat. Serve.
*Optional-This salad is great topped with grilled chicken.