Egg Salad Sandwiches2013-05-26
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 15m
These are so simple, with ingredients you most likely always have on hand.
- 4 jumbo or 6 medium hard boiled cage-free eggs, chilled
- 2 stalks organic celery, chopped in small pieces
- 1/4 heaping tsp. whole small grain mustard or you can use 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 3 T. Mayonnaise, homemade is best if possible
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices whole wheat toast
Peel eggs and cut into medium size chunks; add to a mixing bowl. Carefully fold in celery, mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Don't over mix or it will become too mushy. Place in freezer for a few minutes to make sure mixture is really cold.
Toast whole wheat toast until crispy and then spread with egg mixture for sandwiches. Serve. *If you don't have whole grain mustard you can use 1/8 tsp. dry mustard.