- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 3m
- Cook Time : 12m
- Ready In : 15m
This recipe is adapted from Giada on the Food Network.
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8-1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, add the chicken stock, lemon juice and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15 minutes.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the quinoa and toss until all the ingredients are coated. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.