Honey Teriyaki Chicken2017-02-18
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
Adapted from original recipe at: With Salt and Wit. I changed the sauce slightly and added more veggies.
- Sauce: 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Protein & Veggies: 1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken breast or tenders (cut in bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups and variety of steamed or sauteed veggies (broccoli florets, carrots, celery, onion, mushroom, bok choy)
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice (or white)
Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk well until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside.
Rice: In a medium saucepan, cook the rice according to the package instructions. Once rice is cooked add all the veggies and set aside covered to keep warm. (Veggies can be left out if desired)
Chicken: While rice cooks, in a large saute pan, preheat over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. (Add olive oil while cooking if begins to dry out) Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown on one side, 3 minutes. Flip chicken and add the sauce ingredients. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink and the sauce is thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. To serve, divide the rice and veggies between 4 plates, top with chicken, sauce, and sesame seeds, if desired.