Kale Salad/Wrap with Orange Sesame Dressing2013-09-10
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 45m
This is a great way to try kale. The key is to mix the kale with the dressing enough to soften it. This is also great the next day wrapped with a tortilla. Of course, fresh flour tortillas are best but whole wheat works great and you won’t feel as guilty.
- 1 large bunch organic curly kale, washed, de-stemmed and torn into bite size pieces (1 1/2 bunches kale if they are on the small side)
- 1/3 c. roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup slivered raw almonds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 pieces crystallized ginger, thinly sliced
- Dressing: 1/4 c. 100% pure orange juice
- 1/8 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 c. rice vinegar
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. pure sesame oil, light is best not toasted
- 2 T. pure raw honey
Pat rinsed kale gently with a towel and place in a plastic container with a lid. Add pumpkin seeds, almonds, cranberries and ginger.
Whisk all of the ingredients listed as Dressing until well combined. Pour half the dressing on top of kale mixture and mix well with tongs until all leaves are well coated: continue to add more dressing as per your preference. (The amount of dressing depends on how large the bunch of kale is, which varies.)
Let salad sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so that kale softens up a bit. Excellent if eaten the next day!
Can be served as a salad or in a whole wheat tortilla as a healthy wrap. If you don't want to go totally vegetarian, you can add chunks of chicken, turkey or even lean steak.