- Yield : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
This post is a total steal from two other blogs. The photo above is from: http://onelittleproject.com/deep-dish-mini-pizzas/ where the original recipe came from.
I added a homemade pizza sauce recipe from: http://theheritagecook.com/homemade-pizza-sauce-kid-friendly-and-fun-to-make/.
1 (28 oz) can whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 package Crescent Roll Dough
- Mini Pepperoni Slices
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza Sauce (homemade or bottled)
1) In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring often, until slightly reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes.
2) Use an immersion blender to puree sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings.
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
3) Lay the crescent roll dough on a cookie sheet and cut out 12 circles (for the mini pizzas shown in the photos) or 12 squares (if you want larger pizza muffins).
4) Place the dough at the bottom of each muffin cup. If you cut them into squares, overlap the corners so the top edge is even.
5) Add a layer of cheese, a spoon of pizza sauce to cover the cheese, another layer of cheese and your favorite toppings. (I did sauce then cheese then pepperoni then cheese.)
6) Bake at 375F for 15 minutes until the cheese starts to bubble and the crust is golden brown.
7) Let them sit for 5 minutes before pulling the mini pizzas out of the muffin tin.