Autumn Pumpkin Cookies2013-10-10
- Yield : 36
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
This recipe is adapted from COOKIE+kate website.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 - 1 1/4 c turbinado or demerara sugar (as per preference)
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1 c canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered confectioner's sugar,powdered confectioner's sugar, for dusting (use sparingly since this is very processed sugar)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt and nuts).
In another medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar and maple syrup. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla; beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Use two spoons to drop one tablespoon of dough onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle the baked cookies with a light dusting of powdered sugar and transfer the cookies to a rack to cool. Store in tightly sealed container.