Orange Muscat Champagne Chicken Salad2013-03-01
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 15m
This salad if very adjustable. All ingredient amounts can be adjusted as per personal preference.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 orange, peeled, sliced and halved
- 2 T. raisins (any assorted types of raisins - sultanas, golden, currants, etc.)
- 1 T. sunflower seeds (pecans, walnuts or almonds also work)
- chunks of chicken (Nut Crusted Baked Chicken pictured)
- 1/3 c. Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar (Trader Joes)
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
Thinly slice celery at angle. Cut or tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces. Peel, half and slice in 1/4" slices the orange.
Toss first 6 ingredients in a salad bowl. Drizzle with dressing until all ingredients are coated.
Mix together the vinegar and olive oil until well blended. Drizzle salad mix with dressing and toss until all ingredients are coated.
*Substitutions - You can use apples, jicama or pears instead of celery. You can use mandarin oranges or dried apricots instead of naval oranges. Any type raisins or dried cranberries will work.