Salmon with Olive Salsa2013-03-17
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
This salsa is so great and fresh tasting!!
- 4 (4 oz) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp. mild olive oil to brush fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green & black olives, mixed, pitted
- 1 finely chopped Roma tomato, cut in half, seeds squeezed out
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat grill for 5 minutes.
Brush salmon fillets on both sides lightly with mild olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or your favorite mild seasoning.
Grill fillets for 6-10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Cooking time will vary depending on thickness of fillets) *The fish could also be grilled on top of a presoaked cedar plank. This adds a bit of a smoky flavor to the fish.
While the salmon is cooking, mix the olives, tomato and parsley, garlic, lemon juice and the extra virgin olive oil. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Serve salmon hot topped with a spoonful of the salsa.