Super Moist Banana Bread2013-06-25
- Yield : 1 loaf
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
This is a super moist bread that comes out delicious every time. You can adjust the amount of sugar you add as per how ripe your bananas are. The riper they are the sweeter they get.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (white flour can be used)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup turbinado or demerara sugar (as per taste and ripeness of bananas)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt (sugar-free) (can substitute sour cream)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free applesauce (can substitute canola or safflower oil if you don't have applesauce) Another option Is using coconut oil, tastes great!!
- 2 - 3 mashed ripe bananas (see tip at bottom of recipe)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla (or 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla and 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup (*optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 8×4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In medium bowl mix egg, sugar, yogurt, applesauce, bananas, vanilla and maple syrup until well blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into pan.
Bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. When cooled, wrap in plastic wrap and/or foil to hold in moisture.
Makes 1 loaf
Tip: You’ll need 2 large or 3 medium bananas for this recipe. Use very ripe bananas for the best flavor.
Try slicing and placing in individual zip-lock bags and place in freezer. Easy take to work breakfast; thaw or microwave and serve.